Here is a great chance to make a positive difference while developing skills that will help with your own career journey.
The Institute for Economic Empowerment & Development (IEED) and Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA), thank you for considering joining us in transforming lives in low- to moderate-income communities. We are changing lives through advancement of low- to moderate-income communities by advocating for greater investment in small business development, financial literacy program, mentorship, coaching and leadership development for communities that have been historically shut out of access to opportunities.
Great news! You can help change the course and trajectory for these families.
We invite you to get ready for innovative inclusive experiences!
Partner with IEED/RIBBA as you leverage skills-based volunteering and explore how your pro bono service can help your company develop inclusive behaviors while supporting nonprofit that is working to build a more inclusive and equity Rhode Island.
Become an advisor:
• You want to give back by using your specific technical skills or functional area expertise (e.g., legal, technology, accounting, marketing, etc.)
• You have about 2 hours per month to dedicate in a flexible as-needed manner to an entrepreneur?
• You want to get to know the underserved business community by working with many different entrepreneurs and micron businesses.
Become a coach:
• You want to provide holistic business guidance and advice to the right social entrepreneur and create a lasting relationship.
• You have 1-3 hours per week to dedicate to coaching a social entrepreneur.
• You’re a great listener and you enjoy helping others problem-solve.
Become a generalist supporter of the organization:
• Inspiring the community connections. Give back by using your specific technical skills or functional area expertise (e.g., legal, technology, accounting, marketing, etc.)
• You have about 3 hours per month on average, depending on the specific needs of the program.
You said yes! Wonderful, next steps contact Lisa Ranglin, if you are interested in any of the above volunteer opportunity, please email Lisa at Lisa@ri-bba.org or call 401-383-1179.