Code of Conduct
Connect | Learn| Grow |Prosper
As a Member of the Rhode Island Black Business Association (RIBBA), I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that membership brings with it the responsibility to ensure that all members understand and commit to the following code of conduct.
The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of the Association sponsored programs to:
1. Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Association members.
2. Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Rhode Island Black Business Association, and represent the Association accordingly.
3. Understand support and promote the Vision and Mission of Rhode Island Black Business Association and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
4. Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Association, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Rhode Island area.
5. Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
6. Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal government for the control of said business where applicable.
7. Conduct business in a fair and ethical manner, respecting the dignity and rights of clients, customers, vendors, associates, and peers regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, height/weight or sexual orientation.
8. Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
9. Respect the role of the Association Staff, Board of Directors and the Community Advisory Board members.
I/we also understand that the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Rhode Island Black Business Association, as outlined above, and defined in the Association Bylaws, can result in the termination of my/our membership.